Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Those were the days!!!


Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way


That song came to mind when I read this segment:
 
 7 “Those were the days when I went to the city gate
      and took my place among the honored leaders.
 8 The young stepped aside when they saw me,
      and even the aged rose in respect at my coming.
 9 The princes stood in silence
      and put their hands over their mouths.
 10 The highest officials of the city stood quietly,
      holding their tongues in respect.
 11 “All who heard me praised me.
      All who saw me spoke well of me.
 12 For I assisted the poor in their need
      and the orphans who required help.
 13 I helped those without hope, and they blessed me.
      And I caused the widows’ hearts to sing for joy.
 14 Everything I did was honest.
      Righteousness covered me like a robe,
      and I wore justice like a turban.
 15 I served as eyes for the blind
      and feet for the lame.
 16 I was a father to the poor
      and assisted strangers who needed help.
 17 I broke the jaws of godless oppressors
      and plucked their victims from their teeth.  Job 29:7-17


Okay we know there was only one person to walk this earth that was blameless. But in Job we read what a righteous dude he was (nod to the 70’s).

Can anyone else tell me if they think maybe, just maybe Job could have had a little pride going on when he was “The Man”? Could that have been his sin? *

It would be one of mine and is sometimes. But I try to “take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” 2 Corinthians 10:5

*If you don’t want to answer that then tell us what your plans are for the weekend. I have some friends going to Ethiopia. I will be praying for them. I am going to a Family Summit. I am going on a field trip to the U.S. Mint with my daughter’s 2nd grade class on Friday. I need to work the Stock Show in sometime.

This is not a link so don't try clicking on it

But this is!!!!!! 

Have a groovy day!!!!

Today’s readings:
JOB 26:1-29:25

Tomorrow’s readings:
JOB 30:1-31:40

No comments:

Post a Comment