Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2012

Things are getting crazy!


Sarah laughs at what Gods says, she lies to God but the Lord says “No, you did laugh.” Lot is willing to give up his virgin daughters. Lot’s daughters have their own scheme going and Abraham is still lying and saying that Sarah is his sister just to save his own head! And there is much more!

Today I pose a question based on the following passage concerning the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah:

31 Then Abraham said, “Since I have dared to speak to the Lord, let me continue—suppose there are only twenty?”
   And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the twenty.”
 32 Finally, Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me if I speak one more time. Suppose only ten are found there?”
   And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten.”
 33 When the Lord had finished his conversation with Abraham, he went on his way, and Abraham returned to his tent.  (Genesis 18:31-33)

This is my question:

 Did Abraham really bargain God down to saving the city for the sake of ten? Or, did God all ready know that Lot and his family were the only ones that were going to be saved and just kept answering Abraham’s questions?

Anyone glad it is Friday?  Have a great weekend!

Today’s reading:
Genesis 18:1-21:7

No comments:

Post a Comment