Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Good friends and a bottle of whine!


Bildad’s First Response to Job
 1 Then Bildad the Shuhite replied to Job:
 2 “How long will you go on like this?
      You sound like a blustering wind.
 3 Does God twist justice?
      Does the Almighty twist what is right?
 4 Your children must have sinned against him,
      so their punishment was well deserved.
 5 But if you pray to God
      and seek the favor of the Almighty,
 6 and if you are pure and live with integrity,
      he will surely rise up and restore your happy home.
 7 And though you started with little,
      you will end with much.  Job 8:1-7


Today’s translation might be “Job, dude how long will your lips be flapping in the breeze?”

Okay who of you have a friend that you would really talk truthfully to? Are we not all very careful, even when talking to a friend, not to “offend” them by saying the wrong thing? If we really told the truth we might offend them, hurt their feelings, seem insensitive, etc.

I have a friend right now that posts on Facebook about how hard are the lessons he is learning and I would like to put it to him straight like Job’s friends do but he may not like what I have to say and not want to talk to me again. Worse…he could “Unfriend” me on Facebook. You know there was this one time (not in band camp) when I had a friend on mySpace and……..

Back to Job!

Job Frames His Plea to God
 1 “I am disgusted with my life.
      Let me complain freely.
      My bitter soul must complain.
 2 I will say to God, ‘Don’t simply condemn me—
      tell me the charge you are bringing against me.
 3 What do you gain by oppressing me?
      Why do you reject me, the work of your own hands,
      while smiling on the schemes of the wicked?
 4 Are your eyes like those of a human?
      Do you see things only as people see them?
 5 Is your lifetime only as long as ours?
      Is your life so short
 6 that you must quickly probe for my guilt
      and search for my sin?
 7 Although you know I am not guilty,
      no one can rescue me from your hands. Job 10:1-7


Having read that remember what we read back on January 19th?

 8 Then the LORD asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.”
 9 Satan replied to the LORD, “Yes, but Job has good reason to fear God.  Job 1:8-9

Ok this is based on my certificate I have on the wall from “The Halleluiah Holy Antioch 3.5 Square Literal Paraphrased Repentacostal Theological Seminary” I took it online for $19.95. It was a 3 ½ week course. I crammed and got it done it six!

Job had sin in his heart!  


Remember no one is without sin? Remember out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks?
Listen to what Job was saying….questioning God….this is coming from his heart.

Feel free to use the voting buttons below to respond if you do not want to post.


Readings for today:
JOB 8:1-11:20


Readings for tomorrow:
JOB 12:1-14:22

No comments:

Post a Comment