Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hey go ahead! No one is watching!


21 “For God watches how people live;
      he sees everything they do.
 22 No darkness is thick enough
      to hide the wicked from his eyes.
 23 We don’t set the time
      when we will come before God in judgment.
 24 He brings the mighty to ruin without asking anyone,
      and he sets up others in their place.
 25 He knows what they do,
      and in the night he overturns and destroys them.
 26 He strikes them down because they are wicked,
      doing it openly for all to see.
 27 For they turned away from following him.
      They have no respect for any of his ways.
 28 They cause the poor to cry out, catching God’s attention.
      He hears the cries of the needy.
 29 But if he chooses to remain quiet,
      who can criticize him?
   When he hides his face, no one can find him,
      whether an individual or a nation.
 30 He prevents the godless from ruling
      so they cannot be a snare to the people.

 31 “Why don’t people say to God, ‘I have sinned,
      but I will sin no more’?
 32 Or ‘I don’t know what evil I have done—tell me.
      If I have done wrong, I will stop at once’?  Job 34:21-32


Are there things you might do because no one is watching?

Have you ever gone in a department store and started looking around for surveillance cameras? Some stores have them everywhere. Even though I am not committing a crime it still feels weird to know that someone is watching me as a pick up items to look at. Watching my every move.

How does it feel that God does that every minute no matter where you are at? Does it make you feel weird? Are you conscience of it at all times. Are there some things you are doing that you would want to change?

Today’s readings:
JOB 32:1-34:37

Tomorrow’s readings
JOB 35:1-37:24

No comments:

Post a Comment