Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Straight up! Check it, it’s laid out like this!


1 Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied:
 2 “A wise man wouldn’t answer with such empty talk!
      You are nothing but a windbag.
 3 The wise don’t engage in empty chatter.
      What good are such words?
 4 Have you no fear of God,
      no reverence for him?
 5 Your sins are telling your mouth what to say.
      Your words are based on clever deception.
 6 Your own mouth condemns you, not I.
      Your own lips testify against you.  Job 15:1-6

Just like our reading yesterday. Do you tell a friend how you really feel about things? Listen to these guys! I like this translation because it sounds more like a conversation would be today (if we were so bold to be honest with each other).

Eliphaz the Temanite call Job a windbag. Maybe we don’t say things like that because only a Temanite can be so brutally honest.

1 Then Job spoke again:
 2 “I have heard all this before.
      What miserable comforters you are!
 3 Won’t you ever stop blowing hot air?
      What makes you keep on talking?
 4 I could say the same things if you were in my place.
      I could spout off criticism and shake my head at you.
 5 But if it were me, I would encourage you.
      I would try to take away your grief.
 6 Instead, I suffer if I defend myself,
      and I suffer no less if I refuse to speak. Job 16:1-6

I am not picturing them under a tree anymore. I see them in the gym in a boxing ring. The have their gloves on dancing around talking to each other. Job says “Won’t you ever stop blowing hot air?” Then Eliphaz the Temanite throws a left jab and connects with Job's chin popping some of the boils on his skin ((imagine it in slow motion)
So you are thinking how gross…remember Job 2:4-7?

1 Then Bildad the Shuhite replied:
 2 “How long before you stop talking?
      Speak sense if you want us to answer!
 3 Do you think we are mere animals?
      Do you think we are stupid?
 4 You may tear out your hair in anger,
      but will that destroy the earth?
      Will it make the rocks tremble? 

Now Bildad the Shuhite get’s his turn in the ring (Eliphaz the Temanite had to go wash up after that last punch). “How long before you stop talking? Speak sense if you want us to answer!”
It’s on again!!!

I have a bedroom in my house where I do my reading and listening to music. I have a recliner with a bright lamp for reading. I have some pictures on the walls and some of them are of the inside of the 100+ year old church I grew up in. Last night I was in there reading, waiting on my wife to shower after her workout and she had to come wake me up. I had fallen asleep reading. Not much of a man cave!

But this morning after reading Job I am thinking I need to convert it to a real man cave! All you guys reading this have your own man caves right? Am I the only one that has not converted a room are garage yet, right? A place where you can go with the guys and have conversations like Job and his friends?

Welcome to my random Monday. Have a great day!!!!

I want to give a shout out to Melinda "TCU ROCKS!"

Today's readings:
JOB 15:1-18:21

Tomorrow's readings:
JOB 19:1-21:34

No comments:

Post a Comment