Total Pageviews

Friday, January 20, 2012

Superficial Conversations


Job 5

Eliphaz’s Response Continues
 1 “Cry for help, but will anyone answer you?
      Which of the angels[a] will help you?
 2 Surely resentment destroys the fool,
      and jealousy kills the simple.
 3 I have seen that fools may be successful for the moment,
      but then comes sudden disaster.
 4 Their children are abandoned far from help;
      they are crushed in court with no one to defend them.
 5 The hungry devour their harvest,
      even when it is guarded by brambles.[b]

      The thirsty pant after their wealth.   Job 5:1-5

Job 6

Job’s Second Speech: A Response to Eliphaz
 1 Then Job spoke again:
 2 “If my misery could be weighed
      and my troubles be put on the scales,
 3 they would outweigh all the sands of the sea.
      That is why I spoke impulsively.
 4 For the Almighty has struck me down with his arrows.
      Their poison infects my spirit.
      God’s terrors are lined up against me.
 5 Don’t I have a right to complain?
      Don’t wild donkeys bray when they find no grass,
      and oxen bellow when they have no food?
 6 Don’t people complain about unsalted food?
      Does anyone want the tasteless white of an egg?[c]

 7 My appetite disappears when I look at it;
      I gag at the thought of eating it!

 8 “Oh, that I might have my request,
      that God would grant my desire.
 9 I wish he would crush me.
      I wish he would reach out his hand and kill me.
 10 At least I can take comfort in this:
      Despite the pain,
      I have not denied the words of the Holy One.

Job 6:1-10

As we read this book of the bible are we reading superficial conversations or friends in intellectual discourse?

Do you ever have DEEP conversations with your friends about God, Jesus and what we read about in the bible?

Are we all too busy in life with all the things we have scheduled to sit down under a tree with some friends and have these conversations?

Would any of you like to do that with me sometime? Any guy or if a female wants to we need to get another person to join us. 

Until then “Hey how’s it going?”.” Oh pretty good. Man I am glad it’s Friday.”“Yes, me too. I even had Monday off and it was a long week!””Well, hey gotta go. We should get together sometime.” “Right! See ya later!”

 
Today’s Readings:
JOB 5:1-7:21

 
Readings for tomorrow:
JOB 8:1-11:20

No comments:

Post a Comment