Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Growing Old and Having Kids


 10 This is the account of Shem’s family.
   Two years after the great flood, when Shem was 100 years old, he became the father of Arphaxad. 11 After the birth of Arphaxad, Shem lived another 500 years and had other sons and daughters.

If Shem had Arphaxad at 100 and lived to be 600 I can’t imagine how many children he had in 500 years. Did he have only one wife? If so, could you imagine being pregnant, birthing and raising children for that long? (Deep thoughts)
There is so much to gleam from today’s readings but for me I keep returning back to this after reading 3 times. God is capable of creating physical bodies like Adam who lived for 930 years. This keeps pointing me to the cross and the fact that with salvation through Jesus Christ we will have glorious bodies that are flawless and eternal. The body we are in today will return to dust.
How could we NOT be excited about that and not just stop and praise our Creator God for that promises?
I am late posting this today because I just got back from the doctor so he could treat my body.

Today’s readings:
Genesis 11:1-26, 1 Chronicles 1:24-27, Genesis 11:27-14:24

Shalom!                                   Don't be shy to respond and post your thoughts for the day!!!

1 comment: