Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Somebody get Job some mouthwash!!!!

 
13 “My relatives stay far away,
      and my friends have turned against me.
 14 My family is gone,
      and my close friends have forgotten me.
 15 My servants and maids consider me a stranger.
      I am like a foreigner to them.
 16 When I call my servant, he doesn’t come;
      I have to plead with him!

 17 My breath is repulsive to my wife.
      I am rejected by my own family.
 18 Even young children despise me.
      When I stand to speak, they turn their backs on me.
 19 My close friends detest me.
      Those I loved have turned against me.
 20 I have been reduced to skin and bones
      and have escaped death by the skin of my teeth. Job 19:13-20 (italics added)
 
Physically Job is in bad shape. He has to be miserable. How irritable do we get when we are in constant pain? If you are sick would you feel like having such a long dialogue with people or would you just want to be left alone.

This is my favorite part of today’s reading:

25 “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
      and he will stand upon the earth at last.
 26 And after my body has decayed,
      yet in my body I will see God![b]
 27 I will see him for myself.
      Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.
      I am overwhelmed at the thought!  Job 19:25-27

No matter what happens today or this week Just keep saying this over and over.....

“I know that my Redeemer lives”


I know my Redeemer Lives video (Click on this link) 

Hey did anyone try the above link? Did it worketh? You like?

 
Have a GREAT day!

Today’s readings:

JOB 19:1-21:34

Tomorrow’s readings:

JOB 22:1-25:6

2 comments:

  1. Ok I get that everyone is a sinner and Job is also but.....didn't job get chosen because he was the most faithful? I feel his friends are pretty smug and bragging to Job that Job must be worse than them because God has punished Job for his evil ways. Job keeps pounding I"m faithful and confused why me? Sounds like 7th grade girl drama. Now I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure.... but Satan was looking for someone to try to turn away from God and God gave him permission to wreak havoc on Job but not to kill him.

    6 One day the members of the heavenly court[a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and the Accuser, Satan,[b] came with them. 7 “Where have you come from?” the LORD asked Satan.

    Satan answered the LORD, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”

    8 Then the LORD asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.”

    9 Satan replied to the LORD, “Yes, but Job has good reason to fear God. 10 You have always put a wall of protection around him and his home and his property. You have made him prosper in everything he does. Look how rich he is! 11 But reach out and take away everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face!”

    12 “All right, you may test him,” the LORD said to Satan. “Do whatever you want with everything he possesses, but don’t harm him physically.” So Satan left the LORD’s presence.

    ReplyDelete