Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

“Oh we never argue, do we honey?”


1 When Rachel saw that she wasn’t having any children for Jacob, she became jealous of her sister. She pleaded with Jacob, “Give me children, or I’ll die!”
 2 Then Jacob became furious with Rachel. “Am I God?” he asked. “He’s the one who has kept you from having children!”  Genesis 30:1-2 Emphases added

Jacob seemed to be more than just bothered by Rachel. We get that way sometimes with our spouse, right? We get angry at other people don’t we? Jacob had even had a run in with his father in law earlier!

25 But when Jacob woke up in the morning—it was Leah! “What have you done to me?” Jacob raged at Laban. “I worked seven years for Rachel! Why have you tricked me?”  Genesis 29:25  Emphases added

Anger is an emotion we all have and we have it for a reason. An example would be anger over an injustice. It can motivate you to take action.

Today's reading: Genesis 28:6-30:24

I suggest the following book on the subject ~

1 comment:

  1. Even though we have been doing this for a short period of time- it has already been such a blessing for my family and I. The boys are asking good questions, they want to be the readers each night and our prayer time at end means the world to me.
    Thank you for doing this- I really enjoy your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete