Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

In the Beginning God. Period…nothing else. Just God.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” Genesis 1:1
 Today's readings - Genesis 1:1-3:24

The collection of books in the bible we are reading are about God and his relationship with his creation. Alpha and Omega – beginning and end. This year we will read the epic adventure from creation to our last message in the scripture where we are told “Yes, I am coming soon!”

Here are some questions you might want to respond to. Could any of you pick up the bible and read it straight through in one sitting without taking a rest? Even God rested from His work and blessed the seventh day and declared it holy. How do you feel about taking a Sabbath day rest each week?  What do you rest from doing? Why do you think it was one of God’s first declarations? He even included it in the 10 Commandments.

Have a Happy New Year everyone and be blessed! 

If you are interested in a very good book on Sabbath keeping I suggest the following:



3 comments:

  1. My New Year's Resolution is to read the Bible in a year. Well I heard God speak to me loud and clear today and with a physical sign!
    I went to my brother's new house today b/c his dog was hit and killed by a car. This house was foreclosed on and had a ton of trash and random items left behind. While helping them clean and comfort my brother, my mom walked u...p with The One Year Bible-Chronological version that was discarded into a large burn pile to be burned.
    I had already planned on getting a one year bible b/c I didn't have one and I haven't read my daily reading today yet (since I am a nighttime person). I brought it home to Jason and he said, "Wow, if that isn't a sign, I don't know what is!" Yep God, I heard you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincindently the dog was named Diablo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever hear the story
    That happened not long ago
    'bout the man with a tan
    El Diablo de Mexico?

    ReplyDelete