Total Pageviews

Monday, January 2, 2012

Adam lived 930 years

When I read how long Adam lived I was thinking about how much social security I would have paid in and how my 401(k) would have grown!

Today’s reading is Genesis 4:1-5:32, 1 Chronicles 1:1-4 and Genesis 6:1-22
(You might find it easier using a One Year Bible because you read page to page without having to book mark turning back and forth)

“When Seth grew up, he had a son and named him Enosh. At that time people began to worship the Lord by name”    Genesis  4:26
Try to imagine how the people worshiped God back then.  My reference timeline does not date this. The first event that is dated is Abram’s Birth at 2166 or 2000 BC.
Did they worship corporately? Weekly?  Daily? How do you worship? Daily or weekly for 1 hour? We can get on our knees and worship the King of Kings right now, where we are at. I may not see you today but I am worshiping God with you! The church is organic! It is people not brick and mortar!

Again, please feel free to post comments and become engaged.

While we are in Genesis I want to leave you with this nugget of wisdom. If you go to a church and the preacher says to “Turn to Genesis” and he is the last one to find it….you may not be at the right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment