Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Can I lodge a complaint?


20 “O God, grant me these two things,
      and then I will be able to face you.
 21 Remove your heavy hand from me,
      and don’t terrify me with your awesome presence.
 22 Now summon me, and I will answer!
      Or let me speak to you, and you reply.
 23 Tell me, what have I done wrong?
      Show me my rebellion and my sin.
 24 Why do you turn away from me?
      Why do you treat me as your enemy?
 25 Would you terrify a leaf blown by the wind?
      Would you chase dry straw?  
 26 “You write bitter accusations against me
      and bring up all the sins of my youth.
 27 You put my feet in stocks.
      You examine all my paths.
      You trace all my footprints.
 28 I waste away like rotting wood,
      like a moth-eaten coat. Job 12:20-28

Are there things in life that bother you? Has something happened and it irks you? Hey do your government’s leaders make you want to go to Wal-Mart and punch someone? The fact that you work hard and other people get part of it without having to even get out of bed that day?

So do you sit at lunch and complain to your friend about everything? Post it on a social site? Spam out emails dogging this person or that organization?

I want to use Job as an example. This has nothing to do with the deep theological meaning buried inside the book of Job. Just the fact that he took it to God. He let it off his chest. He had a real conversation with God.
 Why don’t we all just take our complaints to the Master of The Universe? Tell Him about it. Ever read in the bible where it is written, on whatever it was they wrote it on back then, “and God heard their cries” (paraphrased….maybe) and then He acted?

Sometimes I will ask my daughter “what’s bothering you”? Then I offer her advice (yes pray for her). Our Father wants to know what is bothering us.

Don’t stir everyone else up unless it is a valid reason to rally them for action. If you just want to complain about how you feel about something, how it bothers you, how it is affecting you…try just taking it to God.

Peace out!

Todays readings:
JOB 12:1-14:22

Tomorrow's readings:
 JOB 15:1-18:21

No comments:

Post a Comment