Total Pageviews

Friday, February 10, 2012

Things happen..I gotta pray!

Hello,
 Like you I live in the real world where things happen and it does not work out the way you planned.

I had to do some prayer this morning and I have a tech coming in 45 min to change the thermostat in my home.

So guess what?

I have not read my bible yet!!!!!

Just keeping it real....so when I can dedicate uninterrupted time to read God's word I will post my thoughts.

Bless you all and have a great day!!!!!! 

This is what Kennedy and I read from at night. If you have a young girl the Adventure Bible is great!

OK....with 30 minutes left for today -

Sacrifice


10 “Bring the young bull to the entrance of the Tabernacle, where Aaron and his sons will lay their hands on its head. 11 Then slaughter the bull in the LORD’s presence at the entrance of the Tabernacle. 12 Put some of its blood on the horns of the altar with your finger, and pour out the rest at the base of the altar. 13 Take all the fat around the internal organs, the long lobe of the liver, and the two kidneys and the fat around them, and burn it all on the altar. 14 Then take the rest of the bull, including its hide, meat, and dung, and burn it outside the camp as a sin offering.
 15 “Next Aaron and his sons must lay their hands on the head of one of the rams. 16 Then slaughter the ram, and splatter its blood against all sides of the altar. 17 Cut the ram into pieces, and wash off the internal organs and the legs. Set them alongside the head and the other pieces of the body, 18 then burn the entire animal on the altar. This is a burnt offering to the LORD; it is a pleasing aroma, a special gift presented to the LORD.   Exodus 29:10-18

This being just a portion of what we read today, we find that a lot of preparation is done and a lot of time and effort has to be exerted for the daily sacrifices. Think about how much time was spent performing all of the tasks.

It makes my sacrifice seem small. A few hours on Wednesday night, a trip to the night shelter periodically, assisting in promoting a concert.
 
Jesus Christ changed everything by being the perfect sacrifice!

When I finally got around to reading for today I wanted write about the Sabbath beginning with Exodus 31:12 but I was convicted in reading about the sacrifice.

Is our sacrifice a pleasing aroma to the Lord?

How much do you sacrifice of your time, resources and gifts, etc. to the Kingdom?

My apologies on being late today (it is not midnight yet)! This has been a very hectic week for me but my sleep is good because I know I did my best to serve our Lord and His creation with a sincere heart. Life is good!

Today’s readings:
EXODUS 29:1-31:18
Tomorrow’s readings:
EXODUS 32:1-34:35

No comments:

Post a Comment