Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Hey Pharaoh we are back again!

 14 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Pharaoh’s heart is stubborn,[a] and he still refuses to let the people go. 15 So go to Pharaoh in the morning as he goes down to the river. Stand on the bank of the Nile and meet him there. Be sure to take along the staff that turned into a snake. Exodus 7:14-15

So Moses and Aaron are waiting on Pharaoh as he goes down to the river.

 20 Then the LORD told Moses, “Get up early in the morning and stand in Pharaoh’s way as he goes down to the river. Say to him, ‘This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so they can worship me. 21 If you refuse, then I will send swarms of flies on you, your officials, your people, and all the houses. The Egyptian homes will be filled with flies, and the ground will be covered with them. Exodus 8:20-21

Don’t you think Pharaoh is getting tired of Moses and Aaron?

  1 “Go back to Pharaoh,” the LORD commanded Moses. “Tell him, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so they can worship me. 2 If you continue to hold them and refuse to let them go, 3 the hand of the LORD will strike all your livestock—your horses, donkeys, camels, cattle, sheep, and goats—with a deadly plague. 4 But the LORD will again make a distinction between the livestock of the Israelites and that of the Egyptians. Not a single one of Israel’s animals will die! 5 The LORD has already set the time for the plague to begin. He has declared that he will strike the land tomorrow.’” Exodus 9:1-5

And again…..

13 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh. Tell him, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so they can worship me. 14 If you don’t, I will send more plagues on you[g] and your officials and your people. Then you will know that there is no one like me in all the earth. 15 By now I could have lifted my hand and struck you and your people with a plague to wipe you off the face of the earth.  Exodus 9:13-15

First I want to say something about it being written that God hardened Pharaoh’s heart. It was all ready hardened. Who with compassion in their hearts force someone in to slavery to begin with? He had hundreds of thousands in bondage.

Also I know God had this planned so that he could show His power and that the Israelites would walk out of Egypt without fighting their way out. But my thoughts are why was Moses and Aaron  were allowed to wander around like that showing up in Pharaoh’s presence and him not just having them killed so they would leave him alone and the plagues would stop. It must have been what we like to say these days as “A God thing.”

I apologize for being late today but I have breakfast with a friend on Friday mornings. Maybe over the weekend I can find an answer to the questions or maybe Jeff can weigh in.

UPDATE - Some research (1) <----------Click on link

Have a good weekend!

Today’s readings:
EXODUS 7:14-9:35

Tomorrow’s readings:
EXODUS 13:1-15:27


No comments:

Post a Comment