Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lectio Divina


7 The LORD told Moses, “Quick! Go down the mountain! Your people whom you brought from the land of Egypt have corrupted themselves. Exodus 32:7

Does this ever happen in your home? My wife will come to me and say “Your daughter” is doing this or that!

11 But Moses tried to pacify the LORD his God. “O LORD!” he said. “Why are you so angry with your own people whom you brought from the land of Egypt with such great power and such a strong hand? Exodus 32:11

And I tell my wife she is “Her daughter”!

Just came to my mind when Moses said it was "your people" and God said "your people" when referring to whose people had corrupted themselves.

22 “Don’t get so upset, my lord,” Aaron replied. “You yourself know how evil these people are. 23 They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will lead us. We don’t know what happened to this fellow Moses, who brought us here from the land of Egypt.’ 24 So I told them, ‘Whoever has gold jewelry, take it off.’ When they brought it to me, I simply threw it into the fire—and out came this calf!” Exodus 32:22-24

Really Aaron? You just chunked the gold in the fire and out came a perfectly formed calf?

First I am not talking about God not claiming His people.

These passages made me think about how we should take ownership of what we are responsible for. Take ownership of our children jointly. Share responsibility when we should and own up to our individual responsibility.

I have a responsibility as a husband and father, as an employee, as a neighbor, as a part of the Body of Christ and so on.

I remember Adam telling God (paraphrased) Hey God look this woman you gave me….she ate it, knowing it was love at first bite, yeah she ate it never knowing wrong from right (borrowed from a song)

Oh hey look at the time!!! I gotta go help make a concert happen for my friends. Have a great weekend!!!!!

Today’s readings
EXODUS 32:1-34:35
Tomorrow’s readings:
EXODUS 35:1-36:38


No comments:

Post a Comment